Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wedneday December 19th

Coming Home

I have had a great 23 days here in the number 2 sailing capital of the world. I am still partial to the north channel of Lake Huron.

I hope to work on the blog during the day tomorrow, I should have internet along the way with my layovers in San Juan (6.5 hours) and Miami (2.5 hours) both airports offer some expensive opportunities to get some Christmas shopping done. You may have noticed that I have not been very successful here. I am bringing home one bottle of rum and that is all.
I didn't look in the back of Mary Lynn's car when I drove it down to Toronto but I am sure that she has mitts, rubber boots, shovels, Defibrillator, sleeping bag, fire wood and whatever else is on her emergency list.
I hope the weather cooperates because I don't think I could handle a typical drive home through Ontario's wI would like to thank Rick for the great opportunity to visit this great country and to extend the boating season and my love of boats, yes even in the trailer park boat yard.inter wonderland (Barrie through the french river). Please be sunny and dry.

03:11 

Everything on the boat with an alarm is about to go off. I was going to go to the showers and leave Rick to deal with all the noise but it might be too much. The journey begins

06:15 

The 'ferry' was a boat and a Captain and a crew (one crew) 9 passengers and the boat had an uncanny resemblance to the 'Minnow' of Gilligan's Island fame. We made the 20 minute crossing in 30 minutes and all was good.
 I now begin the first of three major waits today. My flight out of Beef Island is at 9:15. I arrive in San Juan at 10am and leave at 4. Six hours in San Juan. Almost enough time to safely go site seeing in Old San Juan, but alas the  OBC thing will not allow leaving the airport.
Rick stole borrowed the dive boats cart to carry my bags to the ferry dock which is about 1km from the trailer park. There was a lot of barking from Frostbite luckily he was inside the office at the marina and could only dream tearing us limb by limb.

08:00

I am hoping that there has been some activity on Grand Cru. Brian has arrived to work with the extension cord laid carefully yesterday. I would hope that he would get at least the drill delivered to the site today. Maybe drill a hole or two tomorrow...Rick let us know whats happening. You can edit this page and add your commentary anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment