Saturday, December 29, 2012

Splash

Grand Cru is all wet. She went in yesterday and I drove about 2 hours to get on a friends mooring as I am helping them with their new years party for the 4th year in a row. Louise was with me last year .
Hardly any problems, many of the experienced boaters told me it was not a good idea to leave the harbour on plash day especially not a Friday as if something goes wrong it is hard to find help. Greg has installed a new alarm system if the bilge pump goes off and it did. Stuffing box had dried up and was taking on volumes of water...but I finally tightened it on route and was OK...now my dinghy is full of water and it has not rained.

Greg all your hard work paid off I was in 20 knot winds with a following sea heading for Marina Key and it did not budge, can't wait for the rest of the programming to get done.

I spoke to Louise and Paul and Dave on Christmas Eve and saw the grand babies the girls remember me but Samuel is only interested in mommy.

Now there is only a month left before we leave for St Martin and the to do list is growing by the minute
Morgan sits on his boat all day and relaxes...he is so cute...:)

Today I try to put the boat back together and maybe a NAP.
Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment