No wind to speak of and the boat is a sweet ride. I was allowed to helm the boat although not under sail she goes where you point her with ease and grace. Arrived at penn's and Tim picked Rick up to get helens car in Road Town for us for the day.
Rick left me to act as crew for Kevin and we foraged through the bowls (roof storage) of Penn's landing for Kevin's life raft. A certain amount of carrying and such and my work was all over. We became facebook friends across the salon table, although it took the internet several minutes to catch up the silence while we waited was awkward, I . Once the Facebook friendship was affirmed we were able to resume conversations (crazy world).
Rick arrived shortly thereafter and we were off towards the airport driving on the wrong side of the road and liking it. We arrived at BVI Speed, best described as a Tool store. Dick can get what you need if he doesn't have it and it was a cool way to spend the first half hour of our 'shopping day'
| On our way across to Tortola on 'Raindancer' |
| Christmas tree across from the Ferry Dock |
We continued the shopping spree at the grocery store, prices are similar to the island but beef is extremely expensive. Everything has to come here by boat from someplace and that puts a premium on things. But the rum I am partial to sells for about $11 per bottle.
Rick dropped me off at the ferry terminal with all our goodies and I had to stand guard while Rick returned the car. When he returned he realized he had forgotten to go in and tell Helen where he had parked same vehicle. So rather than have Helen search several blocks of parking for her car, he returned to the scene and confessed to where he had parked. Of course we did not have Helen's phone number.
I purchased the ferry tickets; an adult passage for me and a seniors for he. The nice lady explained that I was indeed to young. I explained notwithstanding I was on a pension but she won, her boat.
I'd like to say that I have been doing some Christmas shopping...but I can't.
We did not do any work this day as it was too hot and we had a few chores due to the fact that we where in a new location within
We did make a pact to do a full day's work tomorrow.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Penn's landing
No comments:
Post a Comment