Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday December 10


06:10 (05:10 in the world) up for the day moved the fans to my computer desk waiting for Captain Rick to get up. Nice breeze again today, I think the Christmas winds are here. There is going to be a lull in the wind on Saturday and we hope to get the genoa on the boat then.
The temperature is very consistent but the impact of the sun and the wind can make it tolerable or really hot.
On my list today I have navigation lights, lazy jack replacement, build a piece of teak for the wind generator bracket (oh do I wish I had my table saw). I am using the Fein multimaster as a complete workshop. Challenging at best
07:00 still no sign of Captain Rick. 
Managed to find some English muffins yesterday at Bucks grocery store. I discovered that a lot of the things I have been looking for in the store are there in frozen foods. On occasion I will have a measure of rum and I like to use a half measure of diet pepsi. There were 5 cans on this island and I owned 4 now they are gone. Diet coke is down to a case and a bit. Canned mix is $1 per can even if you buy a case, yes $24 U.S. for mix. Rum is $11. When stuff runs out it stays gone until the next container comes in. I found a vending machine and thought I would get a can or two. Unlike many vending machines you might find here this one looked in working order. It took my dollars perfectly. I selected the Pepsi and it started to make the sounds a vending machine might make if it was about to function in the appropriate fashion. What actually happened was the machine coughed. The outcome was either dust or smoke I am not sure which. Christmas lady laughed and told me something like throwing my money into deh sea. Obviously her quest continues -  she only has 14 more shopping days to find her Christmas man.

The search continues as we found a liquor store on our hike to the Baths yesterday and will do a recon mission this morning.
07:15 still no sign of Captain Rick today I make the coffee!!

07:30 still no Captain Rick,
Louise, in order to post a comment you must sign in to google. Your profile is your google or gmail sign in. When it asks what profile you choose your gmail or google account. It is not as easy as I thought.

08:05 Captain Rick finally awoke mad because I didn't wake him up...go figure. We had a breakfast with English muffins as mentioned earlier. We worked on the tasks, Ricky worked on the nav station GPS, I worked on the Navpod adding additional power and wiring for indicator lights and added a power station plug in the pod so that those of us with 'I' things can charge. We did nav lights and reinforced the wind generator mast.

We went shopping to the wholesale grocery and liquor store 10 minutes up the road. Buy three bottles of mount gay rum for 23.00 thats about what one costs at home. Which brings me to the extinction of the Goslings Black Seal on this boat, an outrage and an abomination, but mount gay's not so bad (in the absence of real rum). I should be used to running out of Black Seal, it was a frequent event at the LCBO in Little Current. Other blaggards have been seduced by the black and plunder it with abandon. They will get their just deserts as will my Captain. Meanwhile, $7 mount gay's not bad.

For the scoop of the day. I have a picture of Christmas lady. She was on her perch today holding court and courting those who pass her by. (remember she is looking for a man for Christmas). I had to disguise my camera as an iPhone and cleverly, stealthily and spylike take her picture. Should she catch me at it I might move up on her Christmas list. OMG. See Greg run. Now I fear she might be on facebook and I won't know what hit me. I only have to get through 8 of her remaining shopping days. And most importantly I only have to be able to run faster than Captain Rick. No more flip flops when grocery shopping.

Christmas Lady at Buck's grocery store at the Marina dock. This potential candidate barely escaped. Christmas 'shopping' frustration clearly evident on Christmas lady's face. She is there daily at the grocery store. I suspect that she will begin baiting and may dig a 'Christmas man Tiger pit'

this steel ketch caught my eye. Nice lines hopefully she sees water again

Those of you who frequent the BVI may recognize the ship of Michael Beans the Pirate entertainAHR. He performs at Leverick Bay in Gorda Sound in peak season.

No comments:

Post a Comment