Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thank you Greg

Those of you who think that all Greg did was drink rum, well think again. Here is a list of his accomplishments:
Installed a new autopilot and gps and the instrument pod
Ran 12 volt to the cockpit
Installed low water alarm light and bilge pump light and alarm in cockpit
installed all new ac plugs in entire boat and added 6 new ones
Designed and installed a new lazy jack system
Repaired running lights
Repaired jib and put it up
Instaled bimini and new shade panels built by Greg and ML
Repaired life lines
Took boom vang off
Repaired block for topping list
Installed new raw water strainer
Put up wind generator
Prepared outboard and dinghy
Did research and found what we needed
Made 3000 trips to the hardware store

Clarification
It is most certainly correct that I did more than drink rum, but rum was readily available and nearby at all times (notwithstanding the shortage and extinction of Goslings). This was a working holiday and there was lots of time for exploring, resting and struggling to acclimatize to the non winter climate. 
 
I know I have missed things as Greg was working when I woke up and when I went to bed so Greg I can't thank you enough, if she ever gets to sail it will be thanks to all the support from you and your family over these years and that of Mark and Fran( my Queen Isabella)

ps....I used your pee bucket by mistake last night sorry

1 comment:

  1. Low water alarm? Is that so it goes off if you are about to run aground?

    ReplyDelete