Rick made a nice breakfast, he makes the same breakfast every morning.
Today is my last full day in the bilge. Each morning we completely gut Rick's cabin and I work on the drive and steering to get the autopilot completed.
I made my daily walk to the hardware store which is conveniently located about 1.5 km uphill from the boat. The walk is good for me and the uphill in the heat is tough work. But this wrong side of the road driving will get me killed soon. I am trained to look left start walking then look right. Here you must look right first as most of the cars do not have functioning brakes and with a little imagination you can see the imprints of tourists on their hoods.
I hope that Rick gives us a day off this weekend to slip through the fence and walk up to the Baths. The Baths are very cool. I will post pictures if I get the day off, labour laws are different here according to Captain Rick.
We got a full 8 hours in again today, Rick made a nice dinner around some pork chops. Cooking dinner only heated the cabin up to 120 but with 11 fans we got it back down to 104.
I look forward to working above ground tomorrow.
-30-
No comments:
Post a Comment