Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday December 09

06:50 on the aft deck finishing the rinse cycle on my second load of laundry. I stomped them a final time, twisted the shit out of them stomped them in new water, twisted again. Hung on life lines then hosed off one final time. They will be dry in an hour, the wind and heat do the job. Not sure how clean they will look but I need clothes for my final 10 days.
07:45 Captain Rick made a nice breakfast with eggs and toast and the coffee that I really like. Not sure if I can bring coffee home but I might try.
We are going to walk up to the baths this morning have lunch and walk back before the heat of the day hits.
Posted a video on youtube of the band and a guy dancing http://youtu.be/nUMOU32hofI 

We did walk to and from the Baths today, a very beautiful geologic national park here on Virgin Gorda.  We had several close calls with the wrong way drivers but otherwise a nice walk. Below is a bit of a pictoral essay of our outing. 

The roads are narrow and seldom are there sidewalks or even safe places to jump

The sign says "lime but don't litter" Limin is "hanging out or chillin,even partying (a word frequently used by trinidadians)

At the top of the baths, we had to pay a $3 park entrance fee and walked down about 300m

bunch of cactus things

At the baths beach, site of the 'Poor man's bar'

Normally this beach is great dinghy bowling, charter folks are run over by their dinghies while they try to land in the swells, no swells today

some of the charter boats and liver boards visiting the baths today

Captain Rick...'Limin'


Top of the Baths restaurant, large view, weather coming in rained a Caribbean shower

Flowers no snow...think Left

More cactus things, they make a poor salad

Not sure why I took this picture

Dinner! We had to rent a car to go hunting. Rick managed to pan fry out the tread marks, but too much Spice right Louise.

I just love this sign.

Rick calls these jumpin mockingbirds, I think they are actually Bahamian Mockingbirds AKA lunch

In all my years of Parks and Rec. I always thought of doing this but could never convince the goats to do the work. Yes goat mowing the soccer pitch. A lawnmower $400 at Canadian Tire (or the uphill hardware) Goats priceless!
Oh ya, I would like to thank the manufacturer for having their tech team help us with the install of the electronics on the Grand Cru. They were friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, great lice pickers and most of all they smelled a little off but could they play scrabble!
The one armed tech team (we allowed them to play scrabble as one team)


No comments:

Post a Comment