Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday March 15th

Back in a land where you can steal internet from the boat. It may be a touch slow but so are we. We completed the 90 nautical mile cruise from Sint Maarten to Leverick Bay on Virgin Gorda at about 7:20 a.m. or as they said in Sint Maarten 07:20hr??
The trip was relatively uneventful. The weather was as advertised, mostly 10 to 12 on the beam or just aft of beam very easy run lots of sandwiches and ipad scrabble.
We made all the preparations ready for the worst and happily experienced the best. Some traffic along the way other sailor/cruisers making the same run either east or west...a pocket cruise ship and whatever else missed us or we missed during the dark hours.
As we left Sint Maarten we had a good look at 'Freedom of the Seas' humongous and reputed to be 4th largest at over 1100 feet in service.
We had happy hour early this morning, then went to sleep for a couple of hours or so. Went to shore for a shower at Leverick Bay and a little shopping...sweet jesus they gave me a list and I was alone.
The item said Pepper...not peppers or red or green or black. What would you do? So I bought a red pepper, a green pepper and a can of black pepper. I was going to get fabric softener too, I have been told that when stomping your clothes it helps the complexion of your feet.
I was in trouble for being so stupid as to buy black pepper.
We swam in the pool and had some very expensive drinks. 
Sunrise in Sint Maarten

Our weather window


Saba on the horizon...

Sun set at sea

Sunrise at sea

Freedom of the Seas

sun set



Finally we arrive at Virgin Gorda (Fat Virgin)


Sir Richard is rebuilding the 'cottage' that burnt (you can see him up on the roof:)
I have a lot to fill in for the missing days but first some pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment