Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fill in some blanks 1 - Anguilla

Hi, with the spotty availability of internet I have been unable to keep up and even remember what I have done about the blog. I am going to try and fill in some of the gaps. We went over to Anguilla for a day or so and the north shore has some amazing rock formations. We had to go up to Road Harbour to check in. To say that Anguilla operates at a slower pace is an overstatement.
Jen and I went grocery shopping with some money in our pockets some Euros and some American...The grocery story is in EC or Eastern Caribbean pricing. At the end of our transaction the cashier pulls out her trusty Casio calculator and proceeds to mash and poke the keys with a fervor and venom I have seldom seen. There were several calculations requiring guzzintas and some timezas and a formula involving how much money we had and how much they needed. Groceries were expensive there.
We did go on an outing to Elvis's were Rick won a hat and t-shirt for some slinky moves in the sand even before the music started. Something reminiscent of his dancing girls at the anchor.
We bar hopped over to the pump house when Louise and I succumbed to the effects of the long day of travel, sun, fresh air and booze. We had to cut the day early...so?
Rick in his birthday suit on the bow...any closer is gross

shoreline of Anguilla
Pumphouse menu etc






I won't tell you what happens here but it is quick


Paris Hilton's signature...Who's she



No comments:

Post a Comment