Friday, February 8, 2013

Back at Penn's


So here we are back at Penn's on a mooring...we left yesterday with high spirits but soon our pluses became a big minus...Mark and Rick set the auto pilot then off we went to Peter Is Grspend a vacation day before heading to the USVI...
another circle?

we motored sailed and it felt wonderful to be back at sea...we anchored and had lunch then Mark and I went to check on Conrad and Deadman's Bay for a swim while Captain Ricky had his afternoon snooze...


Conrad lives on the beach behind us...unfortunately we didn't get to see him...
upon our return at about 1600hrs our anchor had slipped and we were going to have to try again...winds had shifted... unfortunately our windlass( which Rick and Greg had worked so hard to fix) had decided to crap out on us...Captain decided that we should return to Penn's so they manually raised the anchor...not easy by any means...while I steared the ship!!!! We returned to Penn's before dark. 
Today the boys will work on the windlass and we'll see what happens. I think I might take a bus into Roadtown and make my own fun by shopping!?@!#*!!!
More later on our adventures and hopefully our successes.
ttfn Fran








2 comments:

  1. I know captain Rick will get the windlass fixed. Lifting 120 feet of chain is nothing for an athlete like Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete