When my good friend and sailing buddy Peter Hawks was training in the British army to be a sniper his seargant mixed up his Vs and Ws so one day they were practising and his sergeant said "Fire a wolly down the walley and vatch for the vind" The vind has been in the 20s since i arrived here...air condish very nice.
Have not moved since Dec 28. The party I worked at was a huge success again. Ron and Clair Rowe own a home on Camino which is a private island. They throw a party every year by ferrying 110 or so people from the mainland, truck them across he island serve them a feast with champagne and all drinks, play live music and dance. They are very kind. My job was to carve 3 25lb turkeys, 2 15lb hams, cook 40 lbs of steak and carve, cook 30 lb of shrimp. It is allot of fun. I was also the judge of a hat party, the winning hat weighed 25 lbs and took 2 weeks to make I hope to find pictures to post.
Today I purchase a life raft and wire in a back up gps separate from the one Greg installed. I have so many left overs from new years that I won't have to go grocery shopping for a month.
Fran and Mark arrive on the ist of February and we hope to leave for St Martin at our earliest opportunity. They go home Feb 23 and Louise arrives Feb 26...then Greg and ML and Jennifer their daughter arrive early March and we play and sail back to Tortola. Mike and Crystal their son and daughter may join us also.
No comments:
Post a Comment